Komikero: The Crystals of Truth

The Crystals of Truth (or COT) are items dropped by enemies when they are killed which you can use to identify Unidentified items. You can also buy COTs from the in-game shops.

Unlike Diablo where Deckard Cain will identify your items for free, here in Drakensang-Online you need to collect COTs to do the same. And no, it doesn't take one crystal to identify an item. Improved items take around a hundred COTs to identify. Magic Items take around 160. Extraordinary items take around 260-600. Legendary items take around 1,000.


How often do COTs drop? Well, monsters would occasionally drop 7 COTs and that number will increase up to around 10 COTS as the levels of your enemies increase. Playing Slifmoor for around 30 minutes can get me around 50 or 60 or so COTs. Granted it may not seem much, especially when you constantly find unidentified items left and right.

Some players get frustrated, fretting that you need to use real money to buy Andermant which you use in-game to buy COTs so you can identify the items you have.

I used to get really frustrated myself, but as time went on, I just adjusted to how the game is played realizing that I didn't need to identify every single Unidentified item I came across. In fact, I learned to be patient and collect these Unidentified items to craft much better items. I ditched Unidentified items that have levels lower than me, opting to use only higher level items and identifying only the best items my character can use.

For instance, I spent several weeks (I play only an hour or so a day) collecting Unidentified items of only Level 37 and above and crafting better items out of them. I eventually came up with an Extraordinary Duria Mace. In the time I spent collecting the items, I managed to accumulate more than 1000 COTs. It was more than enough to identify the mace. I never had to spend a single peso or real money to get it.

Right now I'm collecting COTs again, because I've managed to craft an even better weapon, a Legendary Broad Sword, and I need a lot of COTs to identify that.

1 comment:

  1. It's kinda weird though, that you craft something in-game and you still need to identify it. Sorta like making something in the real world and not knowing what it is.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...