Battling with Skype

Communication is paramount in war and Drakensang-Online is no exception.

Excellent communication allows for the planning and execution of strategy throwing the odds in your party’s favor, bringing you so much closer to victory (or at least survival).

The game has a built-in chat system which allows players to communicate either to a general group in a given environment such as an urban area or between members of their party. It also allows whispers, direct messages to specific people who are not members of your party.

I am not however adept at battling and sending out short messages via the chat system at the same time. By the time I compose and send my message I’d probably be dying or worse, dead.

Click to enlarge.
That’s why whenever Ysa (in-game name: Xvii) and I go questing we communicate in real time via Skype (though Ysa is quite adept at chatting while playing the game, something I am not able to do well, unfortunately).

I find it kinda cool actually.

We’ve yet to try a group call during an adventure. Maybe we’ll give it a run one of these days when we party up with Gerry (in-game name: Komikero) and see how it goes. You can also do these things with Yahoo Messenger of course but I find Skype’s voice and call quality better.

The only thing that could possibly be better is if you guys were playing in the same room together at the same time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...