Komikero: I Finally Killed Khalys Solo!

After realizing I could kill Khalys solo back when I was level 37, I decided to try again at a much later time after completing some other quests. I only got back to the task of killing Khalys when I was at level 39.

Surely this time, she won't stand a chance.

After receiving an unexpected bonus from the game, I equipped myself with 999 Essence of Destruction, a Delicious Hero's Breakfast which gave me additional 400 Life for one hour, and set off for Khalys' Elisium.

Click on thumbnail for a larger image.

Being careful not to repeat the mistakes I had when I first attempted to kill Khalys, I took my time, stayed calm, kept myself alert, and never allowed myself to be complacent. Since I had a generous amount of health potions, I used them whenever my life was at half, never allowing Khalys to get a lucky strike against me.

Fighting Khalys is kind of frustrating because after every minute or so, she teleports to the middle of the room and unleashes an incredible amount of energy that can kill you as she slowly regenerates. Fortunately, there are areas in the room where you can stand on where you can protect yourself from this relentless energy barrage (pictured above). Good thing also that while she does regenerate, she doesn't regenerate all the way through. Your damage is still higher than her amount of regeneration, so over time, you do chip away at her life.

She then teleports again to one of the corners of the room where you can run after her and fight her there. While you're running towards her, she unleashes one or two homing energy beams that follow you wherever  you go which deals out an incredible amount of damage. Fortunately again, scattered around the room are powerful health orbs that you can walk on to instantly regain your health.

This tedious pattern of fighting goes on and on as you slowly reduce Khalys' life.

After 10 minutes of pummeling her with Angry Strike, Scream of Rage, and Smash, I was finally able to kill her. After a couple of months of swearing revenge after the first time she killed me, it felt like complete and utter victory.

It did feel great but, at the same time, rather anti climactic. Since Khalys is Level 26, I didn't receive any experience points in killing her (although I did receive XP rewards points later on for completing this quest), and the loot she left behind were all rather useless to me, now that I'm Level 39.

Click on thumbnail for a larger image.

The best item I got was a Level 26 Extraordinary Chain Belt, and it was useless because  I already have a much better belt. The other items were an Improved Handaxe, a Studded Helmet, and a measly 10 Andermants. You would think a giant boss like Khalys would give out a Unique Item and at least 100 Andermants.

Again, I did receive Andermants and coins for completing the quest but still, I felt that beating her should have been more rewarding than this, considering how difficult it was to kill her.

Anyway, I got so excited at finally killing Khalys that I almost left the room without actually finishing the quest. Good thing I clicked on the map and saw a huge question mark in the room, indicating that there was something else I needed to do.

Click on thumbnail for a larger image.

All right! Now it's off to kill Sigrisimarr Frostclaw!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...